Kooweerup Regional Health Service has a wonderful network of volunteers who help to make a positive difference to our community, as a highly valued volunteer your contributions to the successful care of patients, residents and community is greatly appreciated.
Volunteers contribute to a range of activities and programs, which include:
- Leisure and lifestyle programs in aged care - assist with outings, reading, cooking, craft, games and events
- Youth Programs - L2P learner driver educaton plus mentoring programs for young people that assist with social interaction, education pathways and afterschool programs.
- Community Garden - participate and develop sustainable practices whilst connecting with nature
- Ladies Auxiliary - involvement contributes to fundraising activities for much needed equipment at KRHS
- PALS - Persons Advocate Liaison Service. Please follow this link for more information on becoming a PAL
Giving the gift of time involves you in something that is linked to greater health and happiness which reflects our vision of 'Towards a healthier community'. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to connect with your local community, meet new friends, learn new skills, share skills and even advance your career.
Why volunteer at KRHS?
KRHS volunteer program offers ongoing support, training and acknowledgment. Regular meetings, guest speakers and training opportunities are offered with an annual appreciation dinner to honour the work and dedication of all our volunteers.
How to become a KRHS volunteer
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, we’d love to hear from you. Please download the application form, complete and call the Volunteer Coordinator for a meeting.
This meeting will provide an opportunity to discuss your role, suitable activities and programs based on your interests and existing skills. Please note all our volunteers require National Police and Working with Children checks, we can assist with the application and process of these checks, with the fee covered by KRHS.
The Volunteers Handbook has been created especially for volunteers and can be used as a handy reference for day to day information, advice and tips.
Want to know more?
Please call Jenny our Volunteer Coordinator on 5997 9704 and she will be in touch.
Our Ladies Auxiliary raises much-needed funds for both residents and patients. Recent purchases include an ambulatory syringe driver for our district nurses, shade sails for the nursing home and an outdoor area in the hostel garden.
Want to know more?
Auxiliary meetings are held on the first Friday of each month and new members are always welcome.
If you are interested in becoming a member or wish to volunteer some time to the Ladies Auxiliary please contact the President Jan Fox on 0408390337 or the Hospital directly on 5997 9679.