You are here
Regular strength training delivers a wide range of benefits.
Strength training can be done by anyone – even 90 year olds. In fact, the older you are, the more important it becomes to include some strength training in your exercise regime, as your muscles will naturally deteriorate over your lifetime. Strength training will keep your muscle mass at a healthy level.
The good news? You only need to do two 20 minute strength training sessions a week.
Why do you need good muscle mass?
Regular muscle strengthening exercises will help to:
- Tone your body and boost your metabolism
- Manage blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol
- Prevent or control heart disease and Type 2 diabetes
- Improve posture, mobility and balance
- Reduce the risk of falls and injury
- Maintain your ability to do everyday tasks
Want to know more?
We can help you devise a program that suits your age, body type and current condition. You don’t need to join a gym – we’ll show you a range of activities you can do in your own home. For more information please contact Kooweerup Regional Health Services.